Teff Flour 200g
- High in Protein - Teff is a Protein power house.
- Teff is a powerful source of vegan or vegetarian protein containing all 9 essential amino acids.
- Richer in essential Vitamins & Minerals - Teff is rich in Vitamin B6, Thiamin (Vitamin B1) and Vitamin C & minerals like Magnesium, Iron, Calcium, Copper, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium & Zinc.
- Improves Gut Health - Teff is high in fibre as well as resistant starch which helps to keep our gut in optimum health and immune system strong.
- Gluten Free & Easy to Digest - Non GMO
- Teff has no known allergies
Teﬀ (Eragrostis tef (Zucc.) Trotter) (Poaceae) is an indigenous Ethiopian annual crop cultivated mainly for its small grain used in the preparation of a pancake-like staple food called injera (Amharic, Tigrinya) genus Eragrostis consists of about 350 varieties.
But teﬀ is the only cultivated species and the crop is stress-tolerant, domesticated about 3,000 years ago. Recently, there is a growing interest in the crop since its grain is gaining global popularity for its outstanding nutritional properties.
Grain of the crop provides relatively higher protein content with an excellent balance and a complete set of essential amino acids. Teff grain is also high in iron content and other minerals such as calcium, copper, and zinc compared to other cereal grains consumed as whole grain flours such as wheat, maize, barley, and sorghum.
It was also recently proven to be a significant source of bioactive compounds including polyphenols, especially very rich in flavonoid derivatives which are rare in the other common grains.
- Protein Rich
- Gluten Free
Whole Grain Teff