What if I want to become a distributor/retailer of your products?
Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in our products and brand. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org . Looking forward to hearing from you!
How can I place a corporate bulk order for my organisation?
Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in our products and brand. Please fill this form on our website https://lilgoodness.com/pages/bulk-orders Looking forward to hearing from you! You can also write to Harsha, co-founder and CEO, at email@example.com
I wish to invest in LiL’Goodness. How can I go about it?
Thanks for showing interest in our company. Please reach out to Harsha, co-founder and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org He will connect back with you.
We want to cover LiL’Goodness or interview the founders. How can we do that?
Thanks for showing interest in our brand. Please write to Harsha, co-founder and CEO, at email@example.com
What is teff? What are the benefits of teff in chocolate?
Teff is a tiny grain that is native to Ethiopia and Eritrea. It is a staple food in these countries and is a source of nutrients and energy. We have grown it sustainably in Karnataka with the help of some earnest farmers.
Teff is gluten-free, high in protein, fiber, iron, and other essential minerals, making it a nutritious grain option.
In recent years, teff has gained popularity in the Western world due to its nutritional benefits and versatility in cooking. One application of teff is in the production of chocolate. Teff flour can be added to chocolate to enhance its nutritional value and create a unique flavor profile.
The benefits of teff in chocolate include:
- Nutritional value: Teff adds fiber, protein, and iron to chocolate, making it a healthier option.
- Unique flavor: Teff has a slightly nutty and earthy flavor that can add depth to the taste of chocolate.
- Gluten-free: Teff is naturally gluten-free, making it a good option for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Sustainable farming: Teff is a drought-resistant crop that requires less water than other grains, making it a sustainable option for farming.
Overall, teff is a nutritious and flavorful ingredient that can be added to chocolate to enhance its nutritional value and create a unique taste.
What are the benefits of jaggery?
Jaggery is a traditional sweetener that is made from sugarcane juice or palm sap. Our jaggery is extracted from pure organic pure palm jaggery.
It is a healthier alternative to refined sugar as it retains more nutrients and has a lower glycemic index. Here are some of the benefits of consuming jaggery:
- Rich in Nutrients: Jaggery is a rich source of iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. It also contains small amounts of zinc, copper, and selenium. These minerals are essential for maintaining good health and preventing deficiencies.
- Boosts Immunity: Jaggery is rich in antioxidants, which help to boost the immune system and prevent diseases. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Digestive Aid: Jaggery can help to improve digestion and prevent constipation. It activates the digestive enzymes in the body, which can aid in digestion and regulate bowel movements.
- Energy Booster: Jaggery is a natural source of energy and can help to combat fatigue and weakness. It is also believed to improve concentration and cognitive function.
- Respiratory Health: Jaggery is known to be effective in treating respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, and coughs. It helps to clear the respiratory tract and soothe the throat.
- Blood Purifier: Jaggery is believed to be a blood purifier and can help to cleanse the liver by flushing out toxins from the body.
Overall, jaggery can be a healthier alternative to refined sugar and provides several health benefits when consumed in moderation.
What are prebiotics? How are they beneficial in chocolate?
Prebiotics are types of dietary fibers that cannot be digested by the human body but are instead fermented by beneficial gut bacteria. These fibers help to promote the growth and activity of good bacteria in the gut, which in turn can have a number of health benefits.
When it comes to chocolate, prebiotics can be added to provide additional health benefits. Specifically, prebiotic fibers like inulin or oligofructose can be added to chocolate to enhance its prebiotic properties. These fibers help to nourish the good bacteria in the gut, which can help to improve digestion, boost immunity, and even promote healthy weight management.
In addition to their prebiotic properties, these fibers can also improve the texture and mouthfeel of chocolate, as well as provide a slightly sweet taste without adding any extra calories. Overall, prebiotics can be a great addition to chocolate, providing both health benefits and improved taste and texture.
What are the benefits of quinoa in chocolates and puffs?
Quinoa is a nutritious, gluten-free grain that is becoming increasingly popular as an ingredient in a variety of foods, including chocolates and puffs. Some of the benefits of using quinoa in these products include:
- Nutrient-rich: Quinoa is a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including iron, magnesium, and zinc. Incorporating quinoa into chocolates and puffs can boost the nutrient content of these products.
- Gluten-free: Quinoa is naturally gluten-free, making it a great ingredient for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities.
- Improved texture: Quinoa can add a unique texture to chocolates and puffs, providing a crunchy or chewy element that enhances the overall eating experience.
- Enhanced flavor: Quinoa has a slightly nutty flavor that can add depth and complexity to the taste of chocolates and puffs.
- Increased satiety: Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, which can help increase feelings of fullness and prevent overeating.
Overall, incorporating quinoa into chocolates and puffs can provide numerous health and culinary benefits, making these products more nutritious and satisfying.
What are the benefits of turmeric in chocolate?
Turmeric is a spice that has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and cooking in India and other parts of Asia. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. When added to chocolate, turmeric can provide various health benefits, including:
Anti-inflammatory properties: Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which has been shown to have potent anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation in the body can lead to various chronic diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Adding turmeric to chocolate can help reduce inflammation in the body and promote overall health.
Antioxidant properties: Turmeric is also a rich source of antioxidants, which help protect the body against damage from free radicals. Free radicals can damage cells and contribute to the development of various diseases. Adding turmeric to chocolate can provide an additional source of antioxidants and help protect the body against oxidative stress.
Mood-boosting effects: Some studies have suggested that curcumin may have mood-boosting effects. Adding turmeric to chocolate can help enhance the mood-boosting effects of chocolate, making it an ideal treat for those looking to improve their mood and overall well-being.
Digestive benefits: Turmeric has been traditionally used to aid digestion and improve gut health. Adding turmeric to chocolate can help support digestive health and promote a healthy gut microbiome.
Overall, adding turmeric to chocolate can provide various health benefits and make for a delicious and nutritious treat. However, it is important to consume turmeric in moderation and consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating it into your diet, especially if you are taking any medications or have a medical condition.
Benefits of using cocoa butter in chocolates instead of vegetable oil?
There are several benefits to using cocoa butter in chocolates instead of vegetable oil. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Flavor: Cocoa butter has a distinct chocolate flavor that vegetable oil does not. This means that using cocoa butter can give chocolates a richer, more authentic taste.
- Texture: Cocoa butter has a unique texture that gives chocolates a smooth, creamy mouthfeel. Vegetable oil, on the other hand, can make chocolates feel greasy or oily.
- Melting point: Cocoa butter has a higher melting point than vegetable oil, which means that it stays solid at room temperature. This helps chocolates maintain their shape and texture, even in warm environments.
- Shelf life: Cocoa butter has a longer shelf life than vegetable oil, which means that chocolates made with cocoa butter are less likely to go rancid or spoil.
- Health benefits: Cocoa butter is a natural fat that is high in antioxidants and other beneficial compounds. It is also a good source of healthy fats, which can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health.
Overall, using cocoa butter in chocolates can help improve their flavor, texture, and shelf life, while also providing health benefits. However, cocoa butter is more expensive than vegetable oil, which can make it less cost-effective for some manufacturers.
Are your chocolates vegan?
All chocolates except our milk chocolate are vegan.
Are your chocolates gluten-free?
All chocolates of LiL’Goodness are gluten-free.
How are oats beneficial in a milkshake?
Oats can be a great addition to a milkshake for several reasons:
- Nutritional Value: Oats are rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and zinc. Adding oats to a milkshake can increase its nutritional value and make it a more balanced meal.
- Creamy Texture: Oats can add a thick, creamy texture to a milkshake, making it feel more indulgent and satisfying. They can also help to thicken the shake without the need for added sugar or ice cream.
- Flavor: Oats have a mild, nutty flavor that can complement the other ingredients in the milkshake. This can add a subtle depth of flavor and make the shake more interesting.
- Satiety: Oats are known to be filling, and adding them to a milkshake can make it a more satiating meal. This can help to prevent overeating or snacking later in the day.
Overall, oats can be a great addition to a milkshake, both for their nutritional value and their ability to enhance the texture and flavor of the shake.
Why are Dark chocolates a little sweeter than they should be for dark chocolates?
The prebiotic ingredient that we add to our chocolates, Fructo-Oligosaccharide (FOS), has 30-50% of the sweetness of sugar, causing the dark chocolates to be sweeter than usual. However, our gut cannot process FOS as per its prebiotic nature, which means the sugar spike from it is far less, and they support the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
What are the possible uses of Teff grain and Teff flour?
Teff has a nutty and earthy flavour and the small size of its grains adds a wonderful crunch to food. Teff flour can be added to regular flour to make chapattis, pancakes, cakes, cookies etc. more nutritious. Teff grain can be toasted and added to smoothies, shakes, muffins etc. to add a nutty crunch.
How is B12 Jaggery different from regular Jaggery?
The Lil’ Goodness B12 jaggery uses palm Jaggery, and can meet the ‘Recommended Dietary Allowance’ of B12 with just one sachet. It uses a new food processing technique called Micro-encapsulation. Vitamin B12 is a volatile and sensitive nutrient that can succumb to degradation when exposed to external conditions. Micro-encapsulation protects and stabilises the nutrient, ensuring adequate shelf-life without the loss of B12, parallel to facilitating a controlled release of B12 in our body.
Where do you deliver?
We deliver all across India.
Is Cash-On-Delivery (COD) supported?
Yes, we support COD. Shipping is free for COD (Cash on Delivery) above Rs. 500/-. For COD orders below Rs. 500/- a flat shipping fee of Rs. 60/- is applicable.
Do you add any preservatives to your products?
We do not add any artificial colouring, additives or chemical preservatives to our foods.
Are your products recyclable?
At Lil’Goodness, sustainability is extremely important to us and we are continuously striving towards it. We are proud to say that all our plastic packaging is environment-friendly and recyclable.
Will the chocolates melt during transit?
Our chocolates have a lower melting point since we use cocoa butter and not vegetable oil; however, we include frozen gel packs in the shipping process to ensure the chocolates don’t melt.
Why is there a whitish layer on the chocolate?
The natural prebiotic fibres that we use in our chocolate cause the occasional buildup of a whitish layer on top of the chocolates. However, as the various lab tests we have conducted prove, this does not affect the taste or safety of the chocolates in any way.
When the chocolate is exposed to warm temperature, the warm chocolate softens the cocoa butter which is present in chocolate,separating it from other ingredients. This fat rises on the surface when chocolate solidifies and this is called fat bloom. However this chocolate is totally safe to consume since it is a non-perishable food.
What’s the best way to store the chocolates?
The ideal conditions for the chocolates to be stored in are in a refrigerator below a temperature of 18°C.